Providence Christian School is an independent, nondenominational Christian school serving Butte, Glenn, and Tehama Counties. We enroll students from Orland, Chico, Hamilton City, Willows, and Corning, and the rural areas in between. Our families, qualified staff and faculty, and governing board represent Bible believing churches throughout the area. Our school is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
Providence offers the highest quality education for the spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development of students. Our goal is to provide a positive, nurturing atmosphere where each student will discover his or her area of giftedness and service to Christ’s Kingdom and His Church.
THINK BIBLICALLY. EMULATE CHRIST. EXCEL TO THE GLORY OF GOD.
At Providence Christian School our focus is to equip students with a biblical perspective on life. From Preschool activities to Algebra, to Athletics, to our Capstone Worldview course, everything we do is infused with biblical thinking.
For our students, our vision is to graduate young men and women who
- Are capable of evaluating human knowledge and experience in the light of the Scriptures.
- Listen with discernment and think with clarity.
- Are well prepared for the rigors of adult life, possessing knowledge and the wisdom to use it; equipped with the tools of learning, yet realizing the limitations and foolishness of the wisdom of this world.
- Are able to distinguish cultural influences from biblical; unswayed toward evil by the former and motivated to Godliness by the latter.
- Are spiritually gracious and socially graceful.
- Possess a heart for the lost and the courage to be used as God’s tools in reaching them.
- Possess true faith, knowing and loving the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Are able to distinguish faith from religious form.
- Are actively engaged in applying their gifts and training in the ministry of their local church.
- Do this with eager humility, joy, and gratitude, all for the glory of God.