Providence is an independent nondenominational Christian School serving families residing in Glenn, Tehama, and Butte Counties. Our Board of Directors, faculty, staff, and families represent bible-believing evangelical churches in the region. We are members of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and are pursuing accreditation from both ACSI and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
We offer a rigorous Christian education with the goal of producing graduates who:
- Have developed a biblical world view
- Are prepared to thrive in college, trade school, the military, or other areas of endeavor,
- Are motivated to serve their local church and community
The Mission of Providence Christian School
Providence Christian School provides students with an excellent God-centered education to the end that they will think biblically, emulate Christ, and excel to the glory of God.
We seek to glorify God by preparing students to effectively serve the kingdom of Christ, desiring to produce students who see the world from a truly biblical perspective. Our goals are also to nurture a love of learning, produce discipline in mind and heart, and to equip children for their individual, God-given callings into service for His Kingdom in their families, church, communities, and the world at large.
To meet those goals, we work in partnership with parents who are training up their children in the way they should go, just as the Scriptures describe (Proverbs 22:6). We seek to challenge cultural assumptions that are anti-Christian and to promote a providential understanding of history. It is our desire that, by God’s grace, the graduates of North Valley Christian Schools will effectively serve the Kingdom of Christ.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible, in the original autographs, is the only inerrant and inspired Word of God and is, therefore, our final authority.
- We believe in the eternally existing, triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life on earth, His miracles, His atonement for the sins of men through His suffering and death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, and His ascension to the right hand of the Father where He now acts as Mediator and Advocate for the purchased saints known as the Church.
- We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory to reign in righteousness over the Kingdom of God. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to the resurrection of life and the lost to the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe that the fall of mankind from his state of innocence, an historical fact recorded in the book of Genesis, has rendered all mankind guilty, sinful, and spiritually dead. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is the sole remedy for this fallen condition and is essential for the salvation of fallen and sinful men.
- We believe that the good news of the Gospel is that God Himself has provided a righteousness in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, that is received by faith alone, so that our salvation is neither wholly or in part dependant upon our good works.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit who indwells all true believers and enables them to believe the Gospel, to obey God’s commands from the heart, and to persevere in faith.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all the saints of God who have been granted faith and eternal life. We further believe in the necessity of good works as evidence of genuine faith.
- We believe that eternal life in heaven with God is reserved for the believers and that eternal wrath in hell is reserved for unbelievers.