Providence Academy is an independent study program (ISP) designed to provide support, training, and accountability for Christian home school families. Begun in 2015, PCA exists to help empower parents in the spiritual, intellectual, and physical nurturing of their family by offering services to guide and supplement their home schooling efforts.
PCA complies with California Education Codes 33190 and 38222. PCA also complies with the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) Northern Section constitution, Article 306, pertaining to participation in CIF athletics.
- Flexible Curriculum options upon PCSA Approval.
- Option of using PCS Curriculum and Lesson Plans. Available materials may be checked out at no additional charge.
- Curriculum Guidance and Academic Counseling as needed.
- Record Keeping Accountability.
- Competitive CIF Team Sports (specific guidelines for participation to be discussed with Coordinator.)
- Participation in High School Core Subjects – subject to availability: Bible, History, English, Math, & Lab Science.
- Participation in High School Elective Classes – subject to availability: Foreign Language, Choir, Art, Home Economics, Shop & Yearbook.
- Standardized TerraNova3 Testing for all grade levels.
- PSAT & ASVAB testing for High School Students.
- State Forms, Report Cards and/or High School Transcripts.
- PCSA 8th Grade Commencement Certificate.
- PCSA High School Diploma.
- School Activities – Ministry Days, Spiritual Emphasis Retreat, Field Trips, Truth & Life Conference, Homecoming,
Spring Formal and Medieval Faire to name a few!
- BBQ and Spaghetti Dinner Fundraisers.
- High School Chapel on Wednesdays.
- Student Council.
- School Pictures – Spring & Fall (ID Card included with fall pictures).
- Purchase of Yearbook(s).
- High School Student Work Permit.
- Participating families should have a commitment to home schooling.
- Home School Legal Defense Association membership.
- PCSA Coordinator must approve curriculum not in our system.
- Families are required to provide an annual course of study and meet with the PCSA Coordinator once per quarter to review all home schooled work for the quarter.
- Yearly Objectives for each student; Quarterly paperwork/report card; Daily journal/record of work and attendance
- Participating families will agree to comply with the PCSA Parent and Student Handbook.
- High School Service Hours Requirement: 15 hrs for 9th and 10th grades & 20 hrs for 11th and 12th For more details, see the PCSA Coordinator.
- Academy participants are required to serve 8 parent service hours per family during the school year. Hours not served will be billed at $10 per hour. See office staff for parent hour opportunities and further details.